Tile flooring is an excellent choice for your home. It is durable and affordable, and it withstands regular wear and tear without signs of aging. You can use tile for any room in your house, but it is especially good for high-moisture rooms that often get wet, such as bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens, and basements.
If you decide to install tile flooring, you have two options: do it yourself or hire professionals who will do it for you.
How Long Does It Take to Install Tile Floors?
It is hard to answer this question because it depends on several factors. These factors are the size of the room, the quality and type of material, and your skill level. Experts say that it will take about 16 hours for a complete beginner to install tile flooring in an average room. If you have some previous experience and understanding of how to do it, the installation will take you about 12 hours. Professionals with years of experience will do it much faster — in less than 10 hours.
How Can You Make the Process of Laying Tile Flooring Faster?
You can make the process of installing tile floors faster and easier by trusting a professional. Without industry knowledge, all of the following factors may add considerable time to your tile floor installation.
First, professionals will need to make sure that the surface is properly prepared. They need to know your existing subfloor and adjoining floor height. This will help them understand and decide which underlayment they should use.
You can expedite the process of installing your tile by planning the layout of your design before you start. Even if you’re not sure exactly what you want, going to a professional with an idea of what you want can help speed up the process. However, if you’re just not sure, your flooring contractors will be able to help you through the process.
There are also certain tools professionals will use in order to get your tile job done faster. Here is a list of them:
- Tile wet saw. This is a great tool that can cut different types of tile, including ceramic, glass, porcelain, and stone. Even though a tile wet saw may look intimidating for those who have never used it before, it is actually a fast, simple, and efficient tool for tiling.
- Grout float. Resembling a trowel, a grout float is made with hard rubber with a handle on one side, which allows a flooring contractor to press grout into the joints between tiles quickly and efficiently. There is no other tool that can do this job as well.
- Notched trowel. This tool is used for spreading and combing the adhesive before the tile is laid into place. It not only makes the whole process easier but also helps to lay the tile evenly.
- Nippers. These are used to make irregular cuts like semicircles, for example. The nippers work like a fingernail trimmer. They nibble away the tile with the help of biting jaws and plier-like handles.
- Chalk line. Straight lines are important in tiling, and one of the best and quickest ways of laying down a straight line is using a chalk line.
- Rubber mallet. This tool is for tapping tiles into place. Some people decide to use a regular hammer wrapped in something soft, but this is less effective.
Hiltons Flooring — Discount Tile Flooring at Incredible Prices in Arlington, TX
Doing the tiling yourself is possible, but may not be as easy and quick as you think. Sometimes, it is better to leave it to professionals.
If you live in Arlington, TX, or any other nearby area, and you are looking for experts who do tile flooring professionally, then contact Hiltons Flooring. At Hiltons Flooring, we provide exceptional and affordable flooring options and do everything possible to ensure you get the right tile flooring. Our team consists of professional installers with years of experience who work with all types of tiles. If you have any questions, or you want to know more about the options we offer, feel free to give us a call at (817) 461-5189 or contact us online.